Where the future meets nature.
Auto Rider brings you a new experience of traveling around Gardens by the Bay in a driverless autonomous vehicle. Shuttle between Bayfront Plaza and Flower Dome in a fully air-conditioned, state-of-the-art autonomous vehicle, and if you come after 7pm, get treated to lighting effects and projection on the windows using a special transparent film technology.
ATTENTION: Due to COVID-19, Auto Rider service is temporarily suspended until further notice. We apologize for the inconvenience.
Operating Hours: 10.30am to 9.30pm daily (last ticket sale at 09.00pm)
Frequency: approximately 20 mins
2-way ride: $5
1-way ride: $3
Friends of the Gardens Promotional Rate (2-way): $3
Minimum height limit for passengers: 1.2m and above
Capacity: 10 Seated Passengers only (No Standing Allowed)
Self-ticketing kiosk at Bayfront Plaza
Self-ticketing kiosk at Flower Dome
QR Code to download the app Auto Rider @ Gardens by the Bay
*Please note that tickets purchased through the app are only valid on the day of purchase. Advanced booking is currently unavailable.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the Auto Rider?
The Auto Rider is a service in Gardens by the Bay using driverless, autonomous vehicle which ferries visitors between Bayfront Plaza and the conservatories.
What is the difference between the Auto Rider and the Shuttle Service?
The Auto Rider complements the Shuttle Service and offers visitors unique experience in an air-conditioned autonomous vehicle, especially at night when the digital-glass technology and lighting effects are accentuated.
What are the operating hours for the Auto Rider?
10.30am – 9.30pm daily
Where and how do I purchase ticket/s for the Auto Rider?
Tickets can be purchased fvia the mobile app “Auto Rider @ Gardens by the Bay” or at Floral Fantasy Ticketing Counters or through the self-ticketing kiosks at Bayfront Plaza (near the Automated Ticketing kiosks) or at Flower Dome (near the Shuttle Service stop). A cashless payment system will be adopted i.e. only credit cards and WeChat Pay will be accepted.
How much is the ticket for the Auto Rider?
Tickets for return trip are priced at $5 (adult) and $3 (child from 3 to 12 years old with a minimum height of 1.2m).
Can I buy the tickets 1 day in advance of the ride?
Ticket sale is only open on the same day of the ride.
What time can I purchase the Auto Rider ticket?
Ticket sale opens at 10.15am and closes at 9.00pm.
Can I take the shuttle service and Audio Tour if I purchase the Auto Rider ticket?
The Auto Rider requires a separate ticket from the Shuttle Service or the Audio Tour.
Is there a bundle ticket for Shuttle Service, Audio Tour, and Auto Rider?
There is no bundle ticket for these services at the moment.
How many times can I ride on the Auto Rider if I purchase Auto Rider ticket?
The ticket covers two trips, in any direction.
Where does the Auto Rider bring me to?
The ride starts from Bayfront Plaza, passing by the Scented Walk and Silver Garden, and ends at the Flower Dome. It will ply the same route for the return trip from Flower Dome to Bayfront Plaza.
What is the distance covered by the Auto Rider? How long is the ride?
The distance covered is 700m and it takes about 10mins for a one-way journey.
Can I take the Auto Rider to other parts of the Gardens like Supertree Grove?
At the moment, the route served is only between Bayfront Plaza and Flower Dome.
What is the Auto Rider frequency? How long do I have to wait for the Auto Rider to pick me up?
The interval is approximately 20 minutes.
Can I eat and drink in the Auto Rider?
Food and drinks are not allowed in the vehicles.
Is there any age/height limit to take the Auto Rider?
Passengers must be at least 1.2m tall to take the Auto Rider.
Can I bring my stroller/wheelchair/Personal Mobility Device (PMD) into the Auto Rider?
For safety reasons, strollers, wheelchairs and PMDs are not allowed in the Auto Rider.
What is the capacity of the Auto Rider?
The Auto Rider can accommodate up to 10 seated passengers. Standing is not allowed in the Auto Rider.
Can the Auto Rider operate in rain?
It can operate in light drizzle, but the operation will be suspended in the event of heavy rain or lightning warning for the safety of visitors.
Can I book the Auto Rider for my company event or VIP visit?
Yes, kindly write to firstname.lastname@example.org for further assistance.
Terms and Conditions
Please note for safety reasons:
1. Auto Rider operation hour subject to change due to inclement weather.
2. Visitors with medical conditions, special physical needs and expecting mother are not advisable to be on board Auto Rider as sudden harsh braking may take place.
3. Children below 3 year old and height of 1.2m are not allowed.
4. Foldable bicycles, strollers, personal mobility devices, luggage are not allowed on the Auto Rider.
Please proceed to the boarding area after ticket purchase.
1. Prices are inclusive of prevailing GST.
2. The tickets are valid for up to 2-trips on the date of purchase.
Friends of the Gardens Promotional Rate:
1. Promotional tickets are applicable only for Friends of the Gardens.
2. Promotional price is valid till 31 Dec 2020.
3. Minimum height limit for passengers: 1.2m and above.
4. A maximum purchase of 1 promotional ticket (2 rides per ticket) is allowed per transaction for Friends of the Gardens individual (Adult/ Senior/ Child or Student) membership cardholders.
5. A maximum purchase of 5 promotional tickets (2 rides per ticket) are allowed per transaction for Friends of the Gardens Family membership cardholders.
6. The 2-way rides must be used on the same day.
7. Members can purchase the tickets at the self-ticketing kiosks located at Bayfront Plaza (near Automated Ticketing Kiosks) and Flower Dome (near shuttle service stop).
8. Members will need to present the Friends of the Gardens membership cords together with the discounted ticket(s) before boarding.
9. Gardens by the Bay reserve the right to change or amend the terms and conditions of this promotion at any time without prior notice.
More Images of Auto Rider